- Conditions and Treatments
- Awards and Recognition
- Insurances Accepted
About Dr. Rick Weinstein, MD, MBA
Dr. Rick Weinstein is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine. He has subspecialty training in knee and shoulder surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and arthroscopy. He focuses on conservative, non-operative treatments for most conditions. He is a Board Examiner for the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, determining certification for other orthopedic surgeons.
Dr. Weinstein attended NYU School of Medicine after graduating Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Tufts University. He completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine and his Sports Medicine Fellowship at University of Connecticut and Yale University. He also participated in several months of specialty training at the Hospital for Special Surgery and the Hospital for Joint Diseases/NYU.
Besides his busy orthopedic practice, Dr. Weinstein has been working as a ringside physician for 18 years. He has worked at many boxing matches at Madison Square Garden, Barclay’s Center and Foxwoods Casino as well as at hundreds of other events. Dr. Weinstein is currently a panel physician for the New York State Athletic Commission.
Dr. Weinstein was elected to the Board of the Association of Ringside Physicians and appointed as Treasurer in 2011. He was appointed Medical Director of the International Boxing Federation (IBF) in 2013.
Dr. Weinstein currently has offices in White Plains, NY and Katonah, NY specializing in orthopedics and sports medicine to help “keep active people active.” He has been recognized in New York Magazine and Castle Connolly many times as a “Top Doc” for his sports medicine practice.
His motto is always, “Patients Come First.”
Conditions and Treatments
Dr. Rick Weinstein treats the following conditions:
- All sports or activity related orthopedic conditions
- Bone fractures
- Cartilage injuries and tears
- Knee arthritis
- Knee pain
- Ligament injuries and tears
- Shoulder arthritis
- Shoulder pain
Dr. Rick Weinstein routinely performs the following treatments:
- Care of fractures and ligament tears
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic labral repair
- Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopic meniscus repair
- Knee arthroscopy
- PRP injections
- Partial knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Non-operative treatment of the knee and shoulder
- Revision arthroscopic surgery
- Revision shoulder replacement surgery
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Total knee replacement
NYU School of Medicine
Surgery – North Shore University Hospital
Orthopedic Surgery – Bronx-Lebanon Hospital
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Sports Medicine – University of Connecticut
Awards and Recognition
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2000, 2010 – 2016)
- Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012 – 2014)
- Patients’ Choice Award (2008 – 2014)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010 – 2014)
Learn more about a variety of conditions with these educational articles from Dr. Rick Weinstein
- What to Expect Before Knee Surgery
- Spring into Sports – Preparing Your Body for Exercise
- What are the Symptoms of Knee Pain?
- Shoulder Pain and the Rotator Cuff
- Does My Torn Meniscus in My Knee Really Need Surgery?
- Did I Tear My Knee Meniscus Cartilage?
- Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Weinstein’s Guide to Working Out
- Change for the New Year
- What is a Meniscus?
- Common Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pain
- How to Prevent Shoulder Injuries
- Knee Injury- When Do I Perform a Knee Arthroscopy?
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS California PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire BCBS HMO
- GHI PPO
- Great West PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- MagnaCare PPO
- MVP Healthcare HMO
- MVP Healthcare PPO
- Oxford Health Freedom
- United Healthcare – Direct Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare – Direct Options PPO
Physician compares Ronda’s blow to ‘a hammer to the head’ – Australia’s News
FOR THE RECORD; Fight Doctor Battles Injuries, Skeptics – The New York Times
Tell Us What You Do, Ringside Physician Dr. Rick Weinstein – The Sweet Science